“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Liebster Questions Answered

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was nominated for a Liebster Award, a sweet little award given by new bloggers to other new bloggers.  I was actually nominated twice, but never got around to fulfilling the duties of the first nomination. So I am trying to fulfill them now.  One rule is to answer the questions posed to you by your nominator.  Since I was nominated twice, I will actually answer both set of questions.

Sara's questions:

1. Did any blogs inspire you to start blogging? I can't think of any particular blog that sparked an interest in blogging, but I found more and more that encourage me to be a better blogger.

2. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?  I would love to go to Ireland.

3. Imagine you have 1 million dollars that has to be given away to one person. Who would that be? That's tough. Can I say God?  

4. What is your favorite movie?  The Princess Bride

5. What is your dream job? My dream job is to be a published author.

6. What is your favorite holiday song?  "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by BareNaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan- this version

7. Have you ever had a celebrity crush? Yes, Jerry O'Connell.  He is such cutie.

8. Salty or Sweet? Sweet-hands down.

9. What is your favorite band/artist? MercyMe

10. What are you currently reading? Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

11. How has writing a blog helped you personally?  It helps me vent, get my ideas out, express myself.


Vinma's questions:

1. How do you define yourself as a person? Emotional, a great listener, indecisive, a gal-you-love-to-be-around

2. Why do you blog? It is my outlet.  Sometimes as a mom I feel secluded, and this is a great way to express myself.

3. What is your greatest pet peeve? Oh, it pick only one... I guess it would be thoughtlessness.  Just not thinking about how your actions affect others.  That selfishness is just beyond my comprehension.

4. What do you treasure most in your life? Do you mean "thing" or that which I hold dear to my heart.  First thoughts are my faith, my children, my husband, my wedding ring. Does that work?

5. What is your short term and long term goal? In what aspect?  I have a weight loss goal of 5 pounds a months until I reach my long term weight loss goal of 70 pounds.

6. Who is your role model? I don't know.  Is that horrible to say? I like different qualities of different people, but no one role model comes to mind.

7. What is your favorite movie of all times and why? I have to say The Princess Bride.  It is funny, clever, romantic, and just a great movie all around. Not to mention that I LOVE the song during the end credits

8. With which color in the rainbow, you identify yourself with and why? Green,  It is natural, the color of life around me.  I think I am vibrant like the color green, and I am definitely all-natural.

9. Do you like to socialize a lot and be in a wider world or are you comfortable with few friends/ no friends and a small world? I have a lot of acquaintances, and I have my close friends.  I takes me a while to open up to people and I often envy others' ease of making friendships.  I am most comfortable in my small world though.

10. What is your religion?  I am a Christian.

11. Define ‘Love."  When I think of Love, I think of God.  His love for us includes sacrifice and forgiveness. I think that we cannot truly love others without those two things. 

Stay tuned for PART THREE: My Liebster Nominations 

Missed PART ONE: Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment