“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Monday, February 11, 2013

And the Award Goes to ... ME (Part One)

That's right, readers. I was nominated for a Liebster Award.  Actually I have been nominated twice, but I guess I felt I didn't deserve it the first time. I was first nominated by Sara from Fake It Till You Make It and now by Vinma  at For the Love of Kids.



So the Liebster Award is an award given out to new bloggers by other new bloggers.  Basically, it is a way to showcase other up-and-coming bloggers and give them that virtual pat on the back.

Now, this isn't some willy-nilly random award that has no rules.  In fact, there are a lot of rules. First, you have to be a new blogger with less than 200 followers (not a problem there). Next you have to adhere to the following:

1. Each blogger must post 11 random facts about herself (yikes, can I think up another 11. I already posted 13 random facts earlier)

2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has sent. (Love answering questions!!)

3. Pick 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers), link to them from the post, and ask them a new set of 11 questions. (No tag backs)

4. Be sure to let the new bloggers know of your nomination

Now, I have to admit I did not follow through with my first nomination.  I didn't know enough bloggers to nominate, so I felt the nominations wouldn't be sincere if I just randomly pick some Now, that I have been following a few, I think that I am able to fully give my nominations

First Things First:  11 NEW Random Things about me.

1.  I bite my nails.  I have forever and don't think I will ever break this habit.

2. I am a sucker for infomercials.  I don't actually but anything, but I will totally stop and watch them.  It is a good thing I don't have any money.\

3.  I coupon.  I am not an extreme couponer, and think the show is totally rigged, but I am proud of the fact that I save at least 40% or more per grocery bill.

4. I taught school for eight years before staying home with my kids.  Although my posts are often riddled with mistakes, I taught English. I absolutely LOVED it and hope to return to teaching one day.

5. If money were no object, I would love to open my own gift shop.  I would feature the arts and crafts and the life of local artists and crafts.

6. I was pulled over at least four times my senior year in high school.  Once for speeding, once for not using my turn signal, once for having a busted tail-light, and once for not signaling when changing lanes.  I didn't get a ticket for any of them, but I sure had to talk my way out of them.

7. I want to learn sign-language.

8. For some reason, the idea of other people not taking responsibility for their own actions just gripes me to the bone. Even for my kids, I don't care that you broke my (insert random item) just tell me you did it, so I can replace it, fix it, or throw it away.

9. My computer has crash 3 times since I started this post (GGRRR)

10. My favorite song in the whole wide world is "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce.  I first heard it on Muppet Treasures (a compilation of Muppet Show segments)...

11.  Speaking of Muppets,  I cry EVERYTIME I watch the end of Muppets Take Manhattan when Kermit and Piggy sing this song at their "wedding"  (yep I even cried while viewing the video)

Since this could turn into a rather lengthy post, I think I will separate it into three posts.

PART TWO:  My Liebster Questions Answered

PART THREE: My Liebster Nominees

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, thank you so much for the nomination :) I feel so blessed. Have a wonderful day full of joy. Tara.

    ReplyDelete