“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Sum-Up

So, the first week of April has been a success.

While my sweet hubby had to return to work from his Spring Holidays, Mel and Jud started theirs.  Most days, who am I kidding, everyday we slept in late.  We just kinda planned as we went along.
Sunday:
Of course, Melody was still  home bound due to her surgery, so she and I played hooky from church.  She really wanted to go, because it was the church Egg Hunt.  We promised her a special one later in the week. I hated to miss it, because our interim preacher is really good.  I have been truly enjoying his Lenten series.

Monday:
The kids and I went to the bank- fun! Even though my children do know how to behave, sometimes their noise level is a direct inverse to the noise within a building.  Banks are very quiet. I was worried.  However, it is amazing to what a purple lollipop can accomplish. (Thanks Brook) After, we went to Kroger.  Normally, I go shopping only with Tucker. He can't talk yet, so there are no "I wants." Today, everyone got to go.  We had fun and came under budget. Go them! Go me! Go us!

Melody wanted to plan crafts throughout the week, so after taking Judson to gymnastics (yep, and Melody missed hers), we made a bunny picture. She planned it out and everything- it was cute.

Bonus of the day: Dan brought me a Frappachino. YUM!

Tuesday:
I had MOPS.  MOPS stands for Mothers Of Preschool Students. Moms get together, eat a homemade breakfast provided by the selected mothers of the month, and have actual grown-up talk. I love it.  I try not to miss it. But better yet, Tuesday was SPA DAY!!!  Local massage therapy students came in to give free back rubs. Cosmotologists gave free eyebrow waxing (THANK YOU!) and hairstyling, manicures.  Wonderful relaxing moments to pamper ourselves.  I don't know about you, but most of there things aren't making it into our monthly budget, so this was a God-send.  Did I mention the massages?  Ahhhh. (Shhh, I had three.) Of course, after MOPS, I returned to the everyday happenings.  I went to Aldi (LOVE IT) because I didn't get to it on Monday.

Wednesday:
The kids and I had another lazy day. We cleaned the house.  Super fun!  Melody had her piano lesson and we had another craft- we decorated a paper egg that Melody cut for us.  Dan even got the chance to decorate one.  For the life of we I can't remember if we did anything else.  One of those days.

Thursday:
We decided to go to the Museum of Arts and Sciences.  Melody got to go with Dan at the Daddy/Daught Dance, but it had been awhile since the boys got to go.  Afterward, we went to Mema's for a picnic.  Melody still can't get hot and sweaty, so we couldn't stay out long.

Friday:
Another lazy day.  We finished cleaning whatever was left over from Wednesday.  The Easter Bunny can't come to a dirty room.  Dan needed to work on his Yukon so we headed over to Mema's again to hang out so Dan and I could go run some errands.

So that brings us to Saturday.  Dan, his brother, and his father went to the car show in Perry.  All day event. The kids and I headed back over to Mema's again, so we could decorate the Easter Eggs.  Judson has a birthday party to attend, and we have Easter dinner to prepare. It has definitely been a productive week.

That is what is happening to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment