“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Moving: Day One

I don't care how much I prepare, pack, or plan, I feel rushed and overwhelmed when I move.  I just don't know how habitual movers do it.  I can guarantee they have less stuff than I do.  That is the bonus of moving: the purging of all unnecessary items.

Today we got the boys' room and Mel's room, minus the clothes and mattresses, over to the new house.  Some kitchen stuff and just random things got moved, too.  Thankfully, some sweet friends (a fellow co-worker and her kids) came and helped.

I should be packing more right now, but I don't wanna. I'm tired. Of course, about halfway into the moving I want to start unpacking the boxes we have already moved! Dear hubby doesn't quite want me to start just yet.

Tomorrow, we have high aspirations of moving EVERYTHING else with the possibility of sleeping over there tomorrow night.  Those are some high expectations.  We will just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment