“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Saturday, May 31, 2014

My New Cleaning Schedule

I hate to clean. It's true. I would definitely characterize myself as a little on the lazy side.  I would much rather watch television, Netflix, or Hulu, than clean my house. However, I hate my house to be messy. It has become quite a problem.  I can't afford for anyone else to clean it, and I don't think anyone will do it for free. So I just have to hunker down and get it done.

I have discovered I love lists. I could lose all day making lists. I like making lists of the lists I am going to make. It's a problem. Nonetheless, I made a check-off list for cleaning.  I call it my Completely Possible Cleaning Schedule.  It has my daily chores and my weekly responsibilities. The best part is it shouldn't take very long to do it, so I can spend the rest of my time doing those things I enjoy: binge-watching, crafting, getting a pedicure, volunteering at my kids' school, grocery shopping (yup, I enjoy shopping for groceries).

Anyway, hope you enjoy the list. I put it in a plastic page protector and make off my squares with a dry-erase marker. Then, wipe it off at the end of the week, and start again.




Carol




No comments:

Post a Comment