“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Operation Gratitude: Halloween Candy Give Back

I don't know about you, but we got boocoodles of Halloween candy this year (the word is actually boodles, but I never say boodles; I say boocoodles). We got it from church, school field trips, Trick or Treating, the store- everywhere.  In fact, it is just too much. So while driving, I heard on K-Love (102.1) how a mom sends her excess candy to the troops through Operation Gratitude.  Operation Gratitude sends care packages to our servicemen and servicewomen as a way to boost morale and to let them know they are remembered. This sounded like a great idea.

I thought about it for a day or two before presenting it to my kids. I figured they could enjoy the candy for a couple of days.  When I did suggest sending the candy to the troops, they got really excited.

I thought I would suggest it to my friends and family, also.  If you would like to learn more information about Halloween Give Back, simply follow the link.  Some dentists participate in this, too, offering to buy back your candy for usually $1 a pound. Local dentists participating can be found at Halloween Candy Buy Back.

If you are interested in sending candy to Operation Gratitude, you can also just let me know.  I will be glad to send it for you, especially if you are in Macon.

Even if you choose to keep your candy,  Operation Gratitude has a list of other ways you can help support our troops.  Still may be worth a visit to the website.

Blessing,
C


4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous operation! Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I just learned about it this year and thought it is a easy way to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We ended up with a ton of candy also, but I made my husband take it to work since I don't allow my kids much sugar :) I saw your post on blogaholic and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog layout with all the flowers! Following you from Blogaholic.

    ReplyDelete